Parent education workshops and events providing opportunities for parents/guardians to share their experiences.
For information about our next PARENTS Workshop, give us call on 0409 26 189
or connect with us on our Facebook page.
We are flipping the model from clinicians being the experts to people with lived experience being the experts and acknowledging the importance of lived experience to provide opportunities for our community to educate each other and giving volunteer clinicians opportunities to learn from our families. These workshops and events provide parent education and empowerment (Learning from each other – parents are the experts and sharing their knowledge benefits other families).
There are lots of professional education opportunities for clinicians but not so for families as they are restricted by availability of education opportunities, childcare, time, cost.
What to these workshops/events look like?
- 3+ workshops/events per year
- Topics based on community need (feedback from our community)
- Workshops utilise a collaborative education model between people with lived experiences and clinicians
- Guest presenters, subject matter experts and volunteer facilitators
- Supervision of kids during parent workshop – planned activities, supervised by volunteers and and Activities Coordinator
- Lunch provided for parents, kids, vols and staff – creates an opportunity to socialise and get to know each other better
- Invitations extended to volunteer clinicians who would benefit professionally from attending the workshops
For information about our next PARENTS Workshop, give us call on 0409 26 189 or connect with us on our Facebook page.